Friday 9 April 2010

It's the little things you notice


I scanned this, and thought that it was another Don Draper / Mad Men era image and quite a pleasant one at that. Nothing wrong with women in swimsuits I'd opine...if I was a sexist bloke.

But preparing the slide for blogging today, I was struck by a couple of small things.

1. That's a bitching water-slide in the background.

Nowadays, the Daily Mail would be wingeing about Elf n Safety...I mean it's so high, and there nothing to stop the young and/or stupid from falling off it. Tough. That's just the way the 1960's were.

2. Why is he wearing gloves ?

Is he an undercover Custom's Inspector?  Is he an off-duty butler?   I doubt we'll ever know.

Bonus - "How a fish almost destroyed my childhood"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice pic. I remember my mom had a swimsuit like that.