Friday 4 June 2021

Little Pocohontas

 

No.

In case you're wondering, the black boarder around this image is not an In Memorium / recently deceased indicator. I have no idea if this little cutie is still around, or gone off to the happy hunting grounds.

Instead, it's a recognition that this image was a Half Frame 35mm slide. A nice idea, and I did have a Olympus Pen-EE. I wonder what happened to that....

Bonus - I was going to describe this image differently, but I was slightly surprised to learn that squaw can be an offensive term. To some folk. Perhaps. Perhaps incorrectly.

Bonus 2 - Henry de Bohun, a brave knight who thought he could kill Robert the Bruce on the open field because the King of Scots was armed only with an axe. Robert regretted the incident because he broke his favorite axe splitting Henry's head.

No comments: